Generations at Columbus Park offers Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care that is designed to meet our resident’s needs in a supportive, secure environment. Our care program treats the unique needs of individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia or other related memory impairments. Our focus is to recognize each person’s physical, mental, and social capacities and/or limitations. We provide an environment where individuals can maintain an optimal level of independence and quality of life in a secured and safe environment.
What Is Memory Care for Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia?
Memory care is a distinct type of long-term skilled nursing that specifically helps patients with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other related memory impairments. Alzheimer’s disease is a specific form of dementia. Our program is a residential solution that provides assistance with daily living, but with staff that is specially trained to assist people with impaired cognition or dementia. The physical layout and security is designed specifically to support these residents so that the environment is easy to navigate and wandering behavior is minimized.
Who Should Participate in a Memory Care Program?
If your loved one exhibits the following signs and symptoms, they may be suffering from memory impairment:
- Memory loss
- Lack of personal grooming
- Mood swings
- Disorientation and altered sense of time and place
- Language problems
- Change in sleep patterns
- Behavior change
Why Choose Generations at Columbus Park for Memory Care?
Our expertise and care management can make a significant difference for individuals and equip the caregiver with the physical and psychological resources they need. Our facility has 24-hour support and programs that ensure safety and quality of life. Our residents receive the necessary care they need by a staff that is specially trained in caring for individuals with dementia.
Our program includes:
- Generations at Columbus Park offers 24-hour nursing assistance in a secured neighborhood with an appropriate alarm system to monitor persons requiring more assistance.
- Our care program is supported by a highly trained team of professional nurses, therapists, physicians, and social workers who work together to meet the needs of each resident and their family members.
- Our programs are designed to provide a purposeful, constructive day with monitoring and physical assistance in a safe setting.
Our Interdisciplinary Team
At Generations at Columbus Park, our clinical care staff works with a team of experienced healthcare professionals including:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Social Workers
- Recreation Professionals
The interdisciplinary team designs a customized program based on your loved one’s health goals, followed by ongoing support for successful outcomes.